Serves 24, Cook 10 Mins
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 zucchini, finely grated
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 60g grated tasty (cheddar) cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 4 sprigs parsley, leaves finely chopped
- 2 sheets reduced fat puff pastry (or gluten free), cut in half
- 2 tbs sesame seeds (optional)
- Tomato sauce or relish, to serve
- Salt & pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
Cook onion in a small non-stick frypan over medium heat for 5 minutes until soft.
Combine cooked onion, mince, zucchini, carrot, cheese, one egg, parsley, salt and pepper and mix well.
Form mixture into 4 logs and divide between pastry. Roll pastry over to seal and cut each roll into 6 pieces, creating 24 sausage rolls. Transfer to baking sheet placing seam side down.
Whisk remaining egg and brush over sausage rolls. Scatter over sesame seeds and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Serve with sauce or relish.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 1 month.