Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serves 12, Cook 10 min
- 1 3⁄4 cups wholemeal spelt flour, or gluten free flour
- 1⁄3 cup rolled oats (if gluten-free, use brown rice flakes or quinoa flakes)
- 1⁄2 tsp bi-carb soda
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g 70% cocoa dark chocolate, chopped
Preheat oven to 160°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
Place flour, oats, bi-carb soda and salt in a large bowl and mix to combine.
In a separate bowl, blend eggs, oil, honey and vanilla together.
Add to the dry mix along with chocolate and stir through until just combined.
Roll dough into 12 even balls, transfer to tray and flatten out with wet hands. (as these cookies won’t spread). Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
Cool on tray for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 4 to 5 days or freeze for up to 2 months.