Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
Serves 12, Cook 50 Minutes
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yoghurt (or dairy-free alternative)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp bi-carb soda (baking soda)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, plus extra for dusting
- 100g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 150°C and line a 10cm x 20cm loaf tin with baking paper.
In a large bowl mash 3 bananas until smooth.
Add eggs, maple syrup, yoghurt, vanilla and mix well to combine.
In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold through 80g of the chocolate chips and spoon into the prepared tin.
Halve the remaining banana lengthways and arrange over the top of the loaf.
Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips around the banana and lightly dust with cinnamon.
Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until cooked in the center.
Cool in tin for 10 minutes, then remove and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
To serve, cut into 12 even slices.
Store remaining banana bread in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Slices can also be wrapped and frozen separately for future.