Sticky Chicken Drumsticks
- 400g or 4 skinless chicken drumsticks
- 1/3 cup brown rice, rinsed
- 1 bunch bok choy, halved lengthways & washed
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds, to serve (cook in dry pan on a low heat until toasted, stirring frequently).
Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
Place the rice, 2/3 cup water and 1/4 tsp salt in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce to a low simmer, cover and cook for 35 minutes.
Remove from heat and stand for 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
Meanwhile, combine the soy, ginger and five spice in a bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat.
Transfer the chicken to a baking tray and roast for 30 minutes or until cooked and drizzle with honey.
Heat the oil in a wok or non-stick frypan over medium-high heat. Add the bok choy and stir fry for 2 minutes until just wilted.
Divide the rice, chicken and bok choy between serving plates and scatter over sesame seeds to serve.