San Choi Bao
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic or 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon of minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon of dried chilli flakes
- 500 grams of premium lean minced beef
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of salt reduced soy sauce
- 1/3 cup of fresh coriander finely chopped
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 8 large iceberg lettuce leaves
- Heat fry pan and spray with extra virgin olive oil spray.
- Add onion, ginger and garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add chillies and minced beef. Stir fry until beef begins to brown. Add capsicum, carrot and soy sauce and continue cooking for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into lettuce leaves. Squeeze with lime, garnish with coriander.
- Serve with additional salad or steamed vegetables.
Makes 8 serves