Raspberry & Chocolate Brownie Muffins
- 200 grams of dark chocolate bits
- 125 grams of unsalted butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup of caster sugar
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup of buttermilk
- 125 gram punnet of raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius/180 degrees fan forced.
- Grease a 12 hole muffin tray.
- Place half the chocolate bits and butter in a large bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring halfway through, or until melted and smooth. (Alternatively melt on a very low heat on the stove). Stir in the sugar and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Whisk in the eggs and vanilla. Sift over flour, cocoa and salt. Add buttermilk and whisk until smooth and combined.
- Add remaining chocolate bits and half the raspberries. Fold through.
- Divide the mixture evenly among muffin pan holes then gently press remaining raspberries into tops.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until slightly firm to touch.
- Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Makes 12 muffins