Poached Eggs with Wilted Spinach
- 2 eggs, whole
- 200 ml water
- 3 teaspoons of fresh chopped parsley
- Freshly ground pepper
- Lightly wilted spinach to serve
- Put 200 ml of water into a small saucepan. and bring to the boil.
- Crack an egg into a cup and then using a spoon, stir the water very quickly to create a ‘whirlpool’ in the saucepan and then slide the egg carefully into the water. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Simmer for three minutes or until each egg is firmly set.
- When eggs are cooked, remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and place on plate on a bed of lightly wilted spinach.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and ground pepper.
Feeling hungry? - Add some more sautéed vegetables to this meal, choose from tomato, mushroom, spring onions, zucchini, eggplant and add 1/4 of an avocado on the side.