- 250g beef mince
- 4 x 25g small corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/4 iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 1/2 red capsicum, deseeded & diced
- 100g mushrooms, diced
- 2 teaspoons of Mexican spice or 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 25g tasty (cheddar) cheese
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat a large non-stick frypan over medium heat.
- Cook the onion and capsicum stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the mince and mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes until the mince has browned.
- Add the spice and tomato paste and cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Add ½ cup water and simmer for a few minutes until thickened. Adjust seasoning – add more Mexican spice or taco seasoning if required and then season with salt and pepper.
- Place 2 tortillas on each serving plate. Add lettuce, mince and top with cheese to serve.