Fish & Sweet Potato Fries
- 300 grams of white fish fillets, cut into strips
- 400 grams of sweet potato, cut into skinny fries
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 100g mixed lettuce leaves
- 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- Parsley or coriander, chopped
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Toss the sweet potato chips with oil, season with salt and pepper and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Put the oats into a blender and blitz for a few seconds, until oats are broken up. Toss the oats with salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Dip the fish in the egg then press in the oats to coat and then bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve fish and the sweet potato fries with lettuce greens tossed with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, a squeeze of lemon and chopped fresh parsley or coriander.
- Add a dollop of tartare sauce
Another option is to simply fry or grill your fish without the coating.