Chili Con Carne
- 500 grams of lean mince beef (97% fat free or 5 star)
- 1 brown onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chillies finely chopped
- ½ packet of taco seasoning mix
- 1 x 400 gram can of crushed/diced tomatoes
- 1 x 400 gram can of kidney beans
- ½ cup of corn kernels drained
- 1/3 cup of chopped coriander
- 325 grams of taco sauce
- Cracked black pepper
Heat a non-stick frying pan and spray with extra virgin olive oil. Add mince, onions, chillies and sprinkle with the taco seasoning. Cook until meat has browned.
Add tomatoes, kidney beans and juice, corn and coriander. Pour taco sauce over chili mixture and add the rest of the taco seasoning. Cover and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir frequently.
Add cracked pepper.