Chicken Cacciatore with Green Beans
- 600 grams of chicken breast fillets, halved
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves chopped or 2 teaspoons of crushed garlic
- ½ cup of pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 cup of mushrooms, sliced
- 400 gram can of crushed/diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of mixed Italian herbs
- Cracked pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley sprigs to garnish
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with extra virgin olive oil and heat over medium heat. Cook chicken breast fillets, turn for 5 minutes until browned. Remove from heat and transfer to a plate.
- Spray fry pan with a little more oil and heat. Add onion and stir fry until soft and brown. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Return chicken and add olives, capsicum, mushrooms, tomatoes and mixed herbs. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through and tomatoes have thickened.
- Garnish with fresh parsley sprigs and cracked pepper.